There’s no denying a delicious brunch or breakfast in bed with a fresh bouquet of flowers is a great way to honor Mom this Mother’s Day. It’s a classic. Especially if it includes a hand-drawn card or a macaroni necklace.
But if you’re still on the hunt for additional creative and special ways to celebrate beyond the typical brunch, we have some ideas and activities happening around the valley that are sure to make this Mother’s Day a year your mom won’t forget!
We have something for every type of Mom in your life. Check it out!
For the Crafty Mom
- With over 150 of Utah’s premier top local crafters, Simple Treasures Mother’s Day Boutique is perfect for the crafty mom. Browse rows and rows of booths filled with various local handmade treasures and treats.
- Located at the Legacy Events Center in Farmington, May 9-11 from 10:00 a.m. - 8:00 p.m.; Saturday May 12 10:00 a.m. -6:00 p.m.
- $1 admission. All major credit cards accepted.
For the Nature-Loving Mom
- Join Tracey Aviary for the annual Urban Bird Festival for a fun filled weekend of crafts, guided tours, outdoor bird shows, and more! May 12th is the ribbon cutting for Expedition Kea, a brand new kea exhibit, featuring not only kea, but other Australian, New Zealand, and African species. Throughout the rest of the day there will be bird walks, crafts, information tables, educational activities, and more! Celebrations continue on May 13th.
- Located at Tracey Aviary in Salt Lake City, May 12-13 from 10:00 a.m. -3:00 p.m.
- Cost is included with admission
For the Gardening Moms
- Is there a better way to celebrate Mother’s Day than working side-by-side with your mom in a gardening class? Attend Central Utah Water Conservancy District Mother’s Day Gardening Class and gain an understanding of the best ways to design and arrange plants in containers. Learn which types of plants will give you the perfect texture combinations and will allow you to enjoy your outdoor spaces all summer long. Accent your porch or patio with colorful and stunning flower pots!
- Located at Central Utah Water Conservancy 355 W University Pkwy Orem, Utah 84058 from 10 a.m. until 11 a.m.
- Free entrance, but registration is required at the Central Utah Water Conservancy website.
For the Foodie Mom
- We know that nothing can compare to Mom’s cooking, but sometimes even Mom likes to learn some new skills! In “A Night with Mamma” cooking class from Harmon’s Grocery, you can celebrate the layers of mom’s love. The menu includes: Cheesy Arancini, Greek Village Salad, Classic Meat and Cheese Lasagna, and Neapolitan Cheesecake.
- Located at Traverse Mountain, May 12, 5:30-8:00 p.m.
- Cost is $50
For the Sentimental Mom
- Create a painting by yours truly just for mom at Painting with a Twist painting classes, or bring mom along for an experience that is special and unique. Painting with a Twist offers art classes that are intended for you to relax, have fun, and leave with an awesome piece of artwork. Wine and beer tasting are offered with classes this weekend for an additional $5, so participants must be 21 years and older regardless of participation in the tasting.
- Located at 258 E. Winchester St., Murray, Utah 84107, May 12, 7:00-9:00 p.m. and May 13, 2:00-4:00 p.m.
- Cost is $35