Best Places to Watch Fireworks this 4th of July
When it comes to seeing the best Fourth of July fireworks, we’re lucky we have a lot of options in the Salt Lake Valley. Just about every park in the area has a firework show. But which locations have the best for the show of light? Good question. We want to help you sort that out, so we rounded up some of our 5 best viewing points that’ll be sure to make you “ooh” and “ahh” in delight --
- SugarHouse Park - Salt Lake’s most popular fireworks show, people have been coming all over the state of Utah to participate in the Sugarhouse Park 4th of July tradition. The best way to watch the show is seated on the rolling hills of Sugarhouse Park, but get there early! The secret it out, so parking is at a premium.
- Murray Park, Murray Fun Days - Celebrate America and get your country dance on at the Murray softball field at 8:30. A couple of hours later, you’ll be treated with a fantastic view of the Murray City fireworks at Murray Park.
- Holladay City Hall - Behind the City Hall building there is a field of grass where you’ll have room to sit in a lawn chair and view some great fireworks. Get there early and listen to live bands play up until the firework display.
- Smith’s Ballpark - What’s more American than a good ol’ game of baseball? Watch the Bees take on the 51ers on July 3rd at 6:30. After the game, you can take your picnic blanket right down onto the field for a spectacular show of fireworks. Seriously, if you haven’t done this yet...It’s a must!
- Bacchus Hwy - If the thought of parking and fighting to get through hordes of people gives you a headache, you should head west (Really west! 8400 W) to drive the Bacchus Hwy. It’s a little known secret that this little highway provides a panoramic view of Salt Lake Valley. Driving on the 4th, you’ll get a close up view of Magna and West Valley City Fireworks, as well as views of other firework displays throughout the valley. The best part? It’ll be all from the comfort and privacy of your car. No crowds and little traffic!
Wherever you choose to watch, know that the BHURDinUtah team wishes you a very safe and happy 4th of July. Let freedom ring!