Christmas Lights Worth Getting in the Car For
One of the best things about Salt Lake City at Christmastime is the incredible light displays put up by festive homeowners around the valley. It’s always fun to see the creativity and dedication people put into decking out their homes for the enjoyment of their neighbors.
If you’re wondering where to find some spectacular holiday homes this season, you’re at the right place! So pile in the car and make sure someone packs a thermos of hot chocolate! Check out the following list for homes with impressive lights sure to have you humming Christmas tunes and probably even force out a couple oohs and aahs.
- 8967 Soliai Cir, West Jordan, UT 84081 - These lights run from 5:30pm to 10:00pm and are tuned to 99.9FM. The lights appear to dance to the music making this display so fun to watch.
- 3310 Royalwood Dr, Salt Lake City, UT 84118 - Such a cool tradition in this Taylorsville neighborhood. Enjoy a leisurely drive down the street and enjoy 15 houses that are all lit up and tell the story of “The Night before Christmas”
West Valley City
- 6388 S Wakefield Way, West Valley City, UT 84118 - You can’t miss this house with Betty the 20 ft snow woman! See her and thousands of other lights synced to music on 87.9FM.
- 4249 S 6485 W, West Valley City, UT 84128 - It’s WHOVILLE in West Valley! Driving by this display you can see the Grinch, Max and Cindylou and the Welcome to Whoville arch. If you have kids who love How the Grinch Stole Christmas, this home is a can’t miss! Kids are even welcome to hop out and take pictures with their favorite characters.
- 3722 W 3870 S, West Valley City, UT 84120 - Always impressive the “Lights at the Evans” has a beautiful display of Christmas lights and holiday figures. It’s also set to music.
- 3100 Miracle Cove, Magna, UT 84044 - This is one festive neighborhood that lays claim to Magna’s Christmas Street. All houses are displaying lights, so you can enjoy one display after another.