Thanksgiving Weekend Events 2017
Turkey. Stuffing. Potatoes. We know you’re busy prepping for Thanksgiving, so who has time to look to ways to also entertain your family and Thanksgiving guests this weekend?
Well, relax! You’re in luck because there are LOTS of fantastic holiday events going on around the Salt Lake Valley this weekend and we’ve rounded them up for you! There’s enough that everyone should find something to enjoy. Check out our list!
Friday, Nov 24
- Santa’s Reindeer at Scheels - Come see Santa’s reindeer on their way back to the North Pole! Live reindeer will be inside Scheels on Nov 24 from 11:00am - 6:00pm. Viewing is complimentary while photos will be available for purchase.
- Heber Valley Railroad - North Pole Express opens Nov 24 for a 90 minute round trip to the North Pole. If you haven’t gone on one of the Heber Valley Railroad’s themed train rides, this is the one to attend! Your ride includes hot cocoa, Mrs. Claus' famous chocolate chip cookies, and a sing along to Christmas favorites. At the North Pole, Santa will join the crew for the return trip and present each child with a special gift. This is a memory the little ones won’t forget!
- Macy’s Holiday Candy Windows - A Salt Lake City favorite, this holiday tradition dates back to the 1970s and is always a hit. This year’s Christmas ornament displays were crafted by six local artists and based on what inspires them most about the Beehive State. The results are gorgeous and show just how much there is to love in our great state.
- South Jordan Gingerbread House Contest - These edible works of art are on display through Dec 1 at the Gale Center in South Jordan. Submissions were taken from local participants age 5 - 55+, and even include professional submissions. It’s amazing to view the creativity from members in our community. In the past, the houses have been pretty incredible, so do yourself and favor and go check it out.
Saturday, Nov 25
- Sugar House Winter Carnival - Nov 25, 11:00-4:00pm. Festivities begin at 11:00am, when Santa and Elsa will make their way into Sugar House via the RideUTA S-Line. They will arrive at Fairmont Station and the SLC Fire Dept. fire truck will take them to the Sugar House Santa Shack for photos with kids. Sugar House will be a true Winter Wonderland that day with holiday markets featuring local artisans, music from local musicians, cookie decorating, crafting kitten toys for kittens in the Kitten Nursery at Best Friends Animal Society, a ride the Polar Express and much more! The first annual “Sugar House Aglow” takes place at 5:30pm, so be sure to stick around for this new and exciting tradition.